Wedding Photography Registry Now Offered
Several things are changing with regards to weddings. The age of first marriage is rising, for one. Also, lots of couples are living together before the wedding day. This means that more and more couples already have accumulated a lot of what would have been on their registries. The financial climate is intimidating too but you really don’t want to skimp on your wedding day priorities. This is a huge day and you know that photography is one of the few things you’ll have left after the day is over (the others being the ring, the spouse, and a little bit of cake).
Couples are becoming more creative with their registries and finding great ways to help themselves and their guests. Gift-giving is hard! You’ve heard of the honeymoon registries that allow guests to contribute to the honeymoon fund, right? How about a wedding registry for photography? Genius! Why on earth didn’t I think of this before?!
A wedding photography registry can increase your budget for photography and give your friends and family a way to give you something meaningful that you really, truly want! This is a personal gift that won’t be returned or re-gifted.
So I’m starting something new and here’s the plan…
- Book with Lindsay Docherty Photography for your wedding day. A no-brainer, really.
- Let your guests know about your photography registry …
* If you like, I’ll give you cards to include in your invitations with information on your registry/wedding website. They will have an image from your engagement session since coverage includes a complimentary e-session.
* I’ll give you a link you can put up on your wedding website.
* Let them know through word of mouth and they can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guests will contact me and put money towards your photography expenses.
- When a friend or family member contributes, your guest will receive a card to give to you at the wedding and I will update you on your balance.
A few notes:
- Your guests will not know your balance.
- Amounts can be made in any denomination starting at $50.
- The guest can choose to have the card sent directly to you or back to them.
- Any contributions made after your final wedding payment can be used just like a gift certificate for album upgrades, prints, canvas wraps, an after session, etc.
Of course I’m still offering gift certificates in any amount to be used for baby showers, holidays, anniversaries, senior graduations, or birthday gifts.
I hope this makes wedding planning a little easier and less stressful. Happy planning!
I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.