Last Bridal Show of the Year
If you didn’t catch us at the Chestnut Club or Sheraton bridal shows, you missed a good time. I literally met with hundreds of brides, grooms, bridesmaids, mothers, and a few fathers. These weddings ranged from next month to dates far into 2013.
Weddings shows are just a whirlwind and it usually takes me a day or so to come down from all that wedding frenzy.
Here are a few pictures from the Sheraton show…
Before the LDP “living room” booth. Note how sad and lonely Dave is…
Yes, that’s how happy LDP will make you.
Don’t fret if you missed us. You have one more chance this year. I’ll be at the beautiful and historic Glen Foerd Mansion on November 7th for “The Ultimate Elegant Bridal Event“.
Here are some tips for you bridal show newbies:
- Set up a wedding email account. You’ll be getting so much information that it’ll be nice to have one place for it all so you don’t overload your everyday inbox.
- Pre-register so you don’t have to deal with the lines. It’s generally cheaper for you too.
- Vendors will want to know your wedding details so make adhesive labels so you’re sure everything gets down properly. Include bride and groom names, wedding date, wedding location, email address, and mailing address.
- Bring a sturdy bag. You’ll get a ton of brochures, magazines, pamphlets, etc. It gets heavy.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll likely be there for a few hours.
- Know what vendors you still need and think about what is important to you with each wedding component. Bring questions. You’re under no obligation to purchase anything so ask away! You have all of these experts at your fingertips – make use of them!
- Bring a camera and a notebook to help jog your memory for which vendor went with what.
- Bring a buddy – your future spouse, mom, or someone in your wedding party. They’ll be good to help you remember details and bounce opinions off of later. I don’t recommend little kids or strollers; it can get very cramped in there.
- If you want some one-on-one time with a vendor, your best bet is during the fashion show.
- Bring a bottle of water or at least hydrate before the show.
- Take note of any show specials but don’t feel obligated to sign on the spot. Many vendors offer specials that are good for a few days or weeks following the event.
- Be prepared for information overload.
- Enjoy it!
See you on the 7th at Glen Foerd Mansion!